Get noticed by learning to write more concise, convincing emails. Learn how to structure your message and use English in a professional, encouraging, relationship-building way.
Who attends this training? Career professionals who want to improve their e-mail and business writing skills.
Participants must have a working knowledge of English. This session does not focus on grammar or sentence structure. Participants come to this session to learn how to craft convincing, business-friendly communications in culturally appropriate ways.
Over 700 professionals from companies in Infopark, Technopark and various companies in Bangalore have benefitted from this training in classroom, individual and online coaching sessions.
Job Titles of Participants Include
||Sr. Assoc. Vice President
||Senior Software Developer
|Human Resources Staff
- Express Session: 4 hours
- Express Plus Session: 8 hours or 1 working day
Number of Participants
For ideal outcomes 10-15 participants in a session is recommended.
For groups over 15, several options are available, including:
Best results are seen in smaller teams, in group work over a period of time. As this is an advanced session on specific communication techniques, smaller groups are ideal to give participants ample time to practice based on real-life client scenarios. Some groups also choose individual coaching for select members after the training is over.
- Breaking up the group into smaller groups
- Extra per person payment (for groups over 25, note activities are abbreviated in many cases due to lack of time)
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom: Face-to-face, instructor led
- Online: For groups smaller than 5, classes can be delivered online (Skype, Google Hangouts, WebEx, your company virtual platform).
- Blended: Training delivered in a classroom is mixed with online follow up via the Authentic Journeys Aspire Online classroom materials, quizzes, and supplementary materials. Online follow up could also include virtual role plays or demos.
- Individual Corporate Coaching: Select individuals or groups smaller than 5 can meet live with Jennifer Kumar via phone or VOIP methods over a period of days or weeks.
: For teams hosting US clients in restaurants, and wanting to practice restaurant etiquettes, we may require the setting, food, cutlery, or other arrangements.
Section 1: Parts of an E-mail
Interactive activity focused on creating an email skeleton
Section 2: Tone & Feeling
- Business vs. Casual Emails
- How to fill in the email skeleton from section 1 to create a business tone
- Use of words, spaces, font styles, punctuation in creating a professional tone
- Requests/Regrets - Email writing activity – how to politely decline a request
- Inductive vs. Deductive - Email writing activity – how to get to the point, politely
Section 3: Crispness & Organization
- Activity - Organize an email with up to 10 points in a concise way
- Email writing activity - Writing the same message to different recipients
Contact us to start your program today
Contact Us about this program today!
Videos or audios:
Before & After: Participants bring in an email they found difficult to write and rewrite it at the end of the session using the tips.
Real-life business situations: Team leads present case studies of past situations team members have had difficulty writing emails about. Those will be tackled in the session.
This training is typically delivered to global teams to improve email etiquette and English usage with Western English speakers. The training can also be generalized to an Indian-only audience.
Related Training Programs:
Can be made of the role plays for sharing within the team.
Available to share classroom materials after the training is over.
Available upon request.
Small Talk Newsletter:
Subscription to the Small Talk Newsletter – which helps non-American professionals learn about and make small talk about American Holidays.
"The fun activities helped us realize email skills were not so boring and bland."
"I've learned to get the attention of my US client through catchy subject lines and to-the-point emails."
UST Global Participant
"This training helped my team members to write with more clarity and purpose."
Bangalore based financial team lead
© Copyright 2014 - 2015 | All rights reserved | Authentic Journeys Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Get in touch with
Ask us how this training or other similar programs create successful global teams by filling in the form below. We will get in touch with you soon.